Best Reusable Product Ideas: Home, Personal Care, Dining, and More
Today, I’m sharing my best reusable product ideas. One of the biggest challenges we face, especially when first starting out on our plastic free journey, is remembering our reusable items. Apart from that, there’s the decision fatigue of picking the right reusable item.
This post is here to help with that! From personal care to dining to around the house, you can find the top reusable product ideas below.
*This blog may contain affiliate links.
Brilliant reusable food containers
You’ll need food containers for home food storage and takeaway, here are my favourites:
- Metal containers with silicone lids – these are stackable and perfect for takeaway food, meal prep, and leftovers
- Stainless steel box set – if you want to skip the silicone lid, these are the best completely stainless steel containers
- Home food storage containers – these canister style containers are perfect for storing pastas, grains, and baking goods that you pick up at the bulk store
- Silicone snack cups – skip the plastic baggies in favour of this collapsible snack cup
Best reusable cups
- Collapsible coffee cup – this silicone cup is best for keeping in your purse or bag, so you’re never caught without a reusable cup
- Glass boba cup – if you’re a boba fan, this reusable cup allows for the jumbo straw and has silicone grips. It can also be used for any other cold drinks!
Great reusable water bottles
- 32 ounce stainless steel – the stainless steel construction of this bottle keeps your drinks cold for hours. You can choose if you want a completely plastic free option with the wide mouth metal lid, or opt for a plastic straw lid to help you drink more water.
- Glass water bottle with stainless steel cap – if you don’t love drinking from a metal container, glass is the next best option. These bottles come with a cloth sleeve to help protect the glass.
Best reusable cutlery & straws
- Bamboo reusable cutlery set – this set is lightweight since it’s made of bamboo, and it rolls up into a convenient, small package.
- Glass straws – I prefer using glass straws above other reusable options, as they offer a thicker width and no weird metal mouth feel – just be gentle with them!
- Metal straws – they are so robust, you never need to worry about breaks.
Effective reusable feminine products
- Period cup – for someone who has experience using tampons, the period cup is a simple swap. There are different variations depending on your flow and personal preference, but once you switch to the cup you won’t go back!
- Reusable cloth pads – for those used to wearing pads, cloth pads are a great swap. These are super soft and absorbent!
- Cloth panty liners – panty liners are key, especially if you’re transitioning to the cup and want a little extra protection. These are super soft and thin.
Handy reusable bags
When it comes to bags, there are a few different kinds you’ll need depending on function:
- Foldable shopping bag to carry in your purse or backpack
- Canvas bag for general shopping
- Large canvas bags for grocery shopping
- Mesh bags for larger produce items
- Thin mesh bags for smaller items like herbs
What are the best reusable product ideas that have inspired you? What items will you try out first? Leave a comment below and let me know if there are any other swaps you’re looking to learn about!
I hope you’ve found this blog helpful! As always, you can support me and the site by buying me a cup of tea or sharing the site with a friend. Your support means the world to me!